In the state of Florida, balconies at hotels, apartment buildings, and other public properties are required to be inspected if the structure is three or more stories tall. The professional team at Monument Commercial Building Inspections provides thorough balcony inspections. Request a proposal now or call (904) 660-2915 to speak with one of our experienced team members.
Expert Balcony Inspections
- Full inspection of balconies, including components such as railings and stairways
- Satisfies Florida’s DBPR HR-7020 Certificate of Balcony Inspections
- Includes a written report
When is a Balcony Inspection Required?
If one or more of the following are true of your property, it’s time to have one of our qualified and experienced inspectors visit your property:
- The building is three or more stories tall
- The balcony/structure is more than 17 feet above grade
- It has been three years since the last inspection
- Change in building ownership occurs
The Importance of Balcony Safety
While inspections do not protect property owners from litigation in the event that balcony failures cause injury or death, they do help reduce the risk of accidents by ensuring the structure and safety features are properly maintained. The top causes of injuries associated with balconies include the following:
- Safety railing failure
- Structural failure
- Improper construction or fastening
- Wood rot or metal deterioration
- Overloading the weight limit/capacity
In addition to balcony inspections, we offer commercial building inspections, reserve fund studies, problem investigations, specialty evaluations, environmental reports, and permit history reports in Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Gainesville, and surrounding areas of Florida. To request a proposal, call (904) 660-2915 and speak with one of the experienced team members at Monument Commercial Building Inspections.